Heather, Lea, Melanie, Paige, Jen, Chelsey, Me, Courtney, and Stacey. (Ann Marie hosted and she isn't in the picture... Sorry!) We played Rock Band. It was a blast!
Ingredients:
1 TBS vegetable oil 1 lb of chicken breasts 1/2 c. diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth 1 1/4 c. masa harina
3 c. water 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce 16 ounces Velveeta
1 tsp salt 3/4 tsp chili powder 1/2 tsp cumin
Directions:
1. Add vegetable oil to large pot over medium heat. Add chicken and brown 4-5 minutes per side.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until onions bgin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine Masa Harina with 2 cups of water in medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add Masa mixture to pot with onions, garlis, and broth.
4. Add 1 cup of water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spice and brin to a boil.
5. Shred chicken into small pieces and add it to pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Garnish soup with cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, and tortilla strips.
(I usually cook my chicken in the crock pot all day, then shred it. It tastes good and is way easier, plus I worried about uncooked chicken. Enjoy!)





11 comments:
Super cute pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are adorable. I am so sad to have missed the friend Christmas party! It looked like a lot of fun. I was pretty sick that day.
Looks like you guys had a great holiday! I'm not biased and I think your kids are adorable! I have to say I'm surprised I haven't seen a post about the Utah/Alabama game yet. I guess that's because you blog and Dale doesn't, huh? :)
Looks like you guys had a good christmas! Love your kids Christmas outfits, so cute! We need to get together soon. Thanks for the soup recipe...it is soooo yummy!
Merry Christmas! I love that I have your blog address now! Your kids are so cute and it looks like you guys are doing great. We'll have to get together sometime when I come down. I usually make it about once every month or so. Happy Holidays!
Hey Christy!
Loved your update. I started putting recipes on my blog too! Great minds think alike. HA! Love you tons and tons!
I actually know Chelsey from our ward. It is such a small world!!
Cute pictures! It was fun to see you the few times we did at Basin. I'm really sad to not be skiing anymore! I've been wanting that soup recipe, so I'll have to try it out.
Hi Christy, this is Melanie's sister, Karlie. I was wondering if you could forward a message onto Dale for me? I am putting together a memory book of Brett Ericksen for Laurie and would love it if Dale would send a memory my way that I could include. You can't really put together a memory book of Brett without Dale in it! He can either leave it on my blog akmerrillfamily.blogspot.com or e-mail me at karliemerrill@hotmail.com. Your family is ADORABLE!
hey Christy! I found your blog from Heathers. your kids are so adorable! looks like you guys are doing good! keep in touch!
..PS.. I love their Christmas outfits!
I love Christmas in PJs. Oh what the heck, I love all days in PJs. Cute kids! ...and GOSH I'm so mad we missed out on the Larson party. Next year for sure. P.S. Nice Guitar Hero pics! I'm quitting the band and any future bands after my last stunt. What too freaking hard!
i love the Christmas outfits! they look so cute. Remember to tell Dale that he has practice this Saturday from 9-10. can't wait to see him bust a move!!
Post a Comment