Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New York

My friend Ashley invited me to go to New York with her a week and a half before she was going for business. I decided I couldn't miss a chance to stay at the Ritz Carlton for free so I went. We were only there for three days, but we packed as much in as we could. We went and saw Mary Poppins and it was so GooD!! We went to Ground Zero, saw the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, 5th Avenue, Times Square, SoHo, Little Italy, China Town, and more. I think we walked at least 10 miles a day! New York was such an amazing place to go. I want to go back. We were fascinated by the big city and the people that live there. We got asked 4 times for directions so we thought we were pretty cool. The funny thing was that we could actually help them. We had fun trying to figure out the subway and being scared to death in the taxis. We had such a great time.
Central Park was beautiful
Times Sqaure at 11:00 at night! It's crazy how many people are there on a Thursday night.

It was such a fun trip! Thanks Ashley! You are the best! You got yourself a new traveling partner. San Fransisco next, right?




6 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you two had fun! I didn't know you stayed at the Ritz, now I'm even more jealous!!

Alana said...

Looks like a blast, I wish I would have gone too! 4-real, ha ha!

Tauna said...

How fun is that! I'm glad you both got away and had some fun and relaxation- you need that sometimes, right?! What cute friends I have!!!

By the way... Matthew loved the gum. If I ever make that basketball shot from there I'll let you know! I need some gum!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm so jealous! I would love to visit NY and check out a Giants game. Someday... :)

BTW ~ Your salad was so good and a big hit at the banquet! Several people asked for the recipe. Thanks!

The Browns said...

hey girl i wish i could go to newyork but they wont let chipped nose people there but oh well. maybe in another life. anyways i think your fam is so cute.

The Neilson Family said...

I would be insanely jealous if I wasn't going there at the end of this month. But like I'm going to be able to party it up with Spencer by my side...sigh. Anyway, you girls look like you had so much fun!